Friday, February 15, 2013

One Little Word

Each year I pick on word to define my year.  This started as a reflection exercise in the scrap booking world, but this year I decided to bring it into my classroom.  When we returned to school after winter break I challenged students to think of one word to define or live by in 2013.  We had a lot of fun coming up with words and creating visuals of the words to display in the room to inspire us throughout the year.

I loved all of the creative responses from the students.  I think one of my favorites had to be "taxes" which was right around the time that all of the fiscal cliff talk.  I chose the word shine and have loved playing Rhianna's Diamond to remind myself to shine in all I do.  One of the paraprofessional in my classroom did run and lucky, which are included in my slideshow.

Here are our "One Little Word" creations for 2013!


No comments:

Post a Comment