Monday, June 24, 2013

#summerthrowdown2013

I love to read and summer gives me more time to enjoy reading!  During the school year I probably read 4 or so books  month, but in the summer I can read 10 or more books a month.  I read a variety  professional development, middle grade novels,  young adult,  picture books, and of course a few beach worthy novels.

Through Twitter I have gotten to know (at least through following) some fellow book lovers.  These are people who are librarians and teachers by day.

The challenge for this group is to read over 2, 873 books in one month.  Everyone in the group will be working together to read more and more.

I am hoping this challenge gives me encouragement to get through my ever growing pile of to be read books (TBR Pile).  I was given new books right before school let our for my classroom library and I have at least 5 professional development books I would like to read.

If you want to know more head to Heise Reads to learn more or join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment