Monday, July 15, 2013

Goal 4. Revisit an Idea


I am slowly catching up on my #30goals for this school year.  Goal number 4 involves revisiting an idea.


“Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.” - Henry Ford

I think the idea I need to revisit most in my classroom is student goal folders.  I did invididual goal folders with a few of my students and saw their engagement, but thought it was too much at the time for all students.  I kept data on goals, especially in relation to their IEPs, but did not involve them directly enough.

This year I my goal is to make goal folders for each student in relation to their IEP goals and allow them to monitor progress as we graph together achievment towards goals. I will also be having paraprofessionals in the classroom and teachers give feedback on goals via Google Forms so it can be timely and meaningful.

I think having my students familiar with their IEP goals and comfortable with graphing their progress well help to engage students and to motivate them to have high expectations for themselves.

I am hoping with the time I have this summer to really get the goal folders and Google forms ready to go from the beginning of the year.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea that I'm trying to wrap my head around for this year...keep us posted on how it goes for you :)

    ReplyDelete