Sunday, July 14, 2013

Liebster Award


I was nominated this week for the Liebster Award, by three different bloggers.  I am going to link back to their blogs and answer their questions in this post. I am supposed to nominate more bloggers, but at this moment time is limited so I am going to just link to those who nominated me to show my appreciation :-).

This first was from Jamie at Sixth Grade Tales

Questions for my nominees:

1.  What is your best advice for starting a new school year?  be flexible. Be ready for start the year, but realize changes happen and to be reading to accept them.
2.  What is your favorite book for professional development and why?My 2 favorites are Teach Like a Pirate, which is inspiring and motivating.  It is a great read to get back to why many of us become teachers.  My second is Book Love  this is an amazing read about fostering a love for reading in all children.
3.  How do you deal with giving homework? Is it the same each week? I do not believe in giving tons of homework or homework that cannot be done at the independent level. My students each week are asked to read and review their spelling words.  I may give some math, but not more than can be completed during study hall.
4.  If you weren't a teacher, what profession would you be in?  I have always wanted to be a teacher so this is hard. I think it would be something in the technology field.
5.  What is your favorite thing to cook?  I am not much of a cook.  I can cook, but don't enjoy it.  
6.  Outside of teaching, what do you like to do for fun?  run, swim, bike, craft, scrap book, blog, play sand volleyball, travel, shop, read
7. What is your favorite place to shop? Target
8.  What is your favorite educational website? www.wonderopolis.org
9.  What kind of music do you like to listen to? a bit of everything, mainly pop or alternative
10.  What is your favorite television show? So You Think You Can Dance, Downton Abby
11. What book do you love reading with your students the most? Wonder or One and Only Ivan




The second person was Heather at A Special Kind of Place

  1. What is your favorite childhood memory? Probably the vacations my family took.  We always seemed to have an adventure
  2. If you could have dinner with one person, dead or alive, who would it be? I would love to have dinner with my dad and talk about my job as a teacher with him. I think he would have loved to hear the stories of my students
  3. What would you do if you won the lottery?  If it was enough we would move closer to our families
  4. What is your favorite movie? I am not much of a movie watcher, I will watch them but I don't think I have a favorite
  5. Who inspires you to do what you do?  my PLN in person and on Twitter, along with my amazing students
  6. How many different jobs have you had in your life?  Professionally 2 both teaching, total 7 or so
  7. If you could be a flavor of pie, what would you be? Peanut butter!
  8. How many countries have you visited? 1
  9. What is your best advice to a new teacher?  be flexible
  10. If you could live in any time era other than now, what would it be?  I love this era, but it would be fun to live in the early 1900's I think as well
  11. What is the best thing about teaching? Touching the future, inspiring students to be their best

Polka Dot Kinders
Last but not least Sara from Polka Dot Kinders
1.  How long have you been teaching and what do you teach? This is my 11th year I have taught elementary special Ed, but now teach middle school.  I love it!
 2.  What is your favorite thing about teaching? I love seeing kids make growth and take charge of their learning
 3.  What is your favorite dessert? anything with chocolate and peanutbutter!
 4.  What technology do you use in your classroom? I love technology.  In my room we use a Smarthboard, iPads, Chromebooks, and a desktop computer
 5.  How long have you been blogging? I have blogged for different topics since I was in high school.  I have had this blog a year.
 6.  Do you have a classroom theme?  What is it?  Not sure yet, I am thinking stars
 7.  What is the last good non-kids book you read? Our Fault in the Stars
 8.  What is your favorite children's book?  Why?Wonder, it is amazing! I love the lessons it teaches
 9.  What is your must-have school supply?  Why? I must have Sharpie pens!  They write wonderfully!
10.  If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?  right now I would love to travel to Ohio and see my family
11.  Where is your favorite place to shop? Target

No comments:

Post a Comment